Jul 30, 2008

R & S Syndrome

I think I have Ren & Stimpy syndrome. Whenever I draw an image of a hand, I tend to do it realistically. But, when I do my "people", I draw them "cartoon-y". Kinda like in Ren & Stimpy, when they show a close up of the characters or a specific item they want to highlight.

I've been fighting with myself quite a bit on what direction to take my work. I've come to the decision (this time), to just draw the way I know how. If it's cartoon-like, then it's cartoon-like. Whadaya ya gonna do?

1 comment:

Josh (musarter) said...

I also struggle with my style. Do I go down the children's illustration path and alter my style, or draw more editorially and develop the style I already have? Hey, if your getting commissions, stay with what you doing. You must be doing something right.

By the way, Ren & Stimpy was the hand drawn greatest cartoon ever. It was like a great rock band that is emulated for an undisclosed amount of time, maybe even eternity.